The United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) will host the Expo on Friday, October 17, from 10 am to 5 pm, and Saturday, October 18, from 10 am to 4 pm, at the USPTO’s headquarters in Alexandria, Virginia. Please post this upcoming event on your website!
The Expo is a free, family-friendly event designed to educate the public about trademarks which includes:
• Educational workshops and activities for children and adults
• Numerous exhibits featuring trademarks
• Displays comparing counterfeit goods with authentic goods
• Costumed characters and inflatables featuring trademarks
• Trademark Activity Guides
• Small giveaways featuring trademarks
Adult seminars include Trademarks 101, Counterfeiting and Piracy – Why Buy “Legit”?, and Trademark Basics: What Every Small Business Should Know. At children’s workshops, there will be, games, quizzes, and fun and informative presentations about what trademarks are, why trademarks matter, and what it means to “register” a trademark. The workshops and seminars will run once an hour on Friday and Saturday.
Please contact Chrisie King on (571) 272-9179 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions about the Expo.
More information is also available on the USPTO’s website at www.uspto.gov/TMExpo.