Metro SmarTrip® Card Changes Begin January 8th
Stay positive! Starting January 8th your SmarTrip® card must have a positive balance to ride Metro. Be sure to top off your card before then and keep it positive. Staying positive is easy with Auto Reload that automatically adds value to your card if your balance drops below $10. Learn more at wmata.com/autoreload
RAIL PASS USERS (including “Kid’s Ride Free” students)
- If you have a negative balance on your card, the entry faregate will not open even if you have an active rail pass.
- Solution: Note your balance when you tap your card to a faregate or farebox -or- tap your card to a fare vending machine -or- log in to your SmarTrip® account to check your balance. Add value if you are negative.
- You may have a negative personal stored value balance without realizing it.
- When you tap your card to a rail faregate or bus farebox, the balance you see is typically your SmartBenefits balance, not your personal stored value.
- Starting January 8th, rail entry and exit faregates will not open if your personal stored value balance is negative even if you have plenty of SmartBenefits®.
- Solution: Tap your card to a fare vending machine or log in to your SmarTrip® account to check your personal stored value balance. Add value if you’re negative.